Here is the recipe for the mini bread loafs, check out my photography page to see some of the photos I took with them 🙂
I love how with this recipe you can make any shape or size you want, I like to make small loaves as they are really cute, however you can use whatever size tin you like or you can roll them into balls and make bread rolls.
If you want to make just white loaves or rolls (like these ones in the photo) then use all strong white bread flour instead of wholemeal. Let me know if you make them!
225g strong bread flour
450g wholemeal strong bread flour
1 sachet dried yeast (7g)
Pinch of salt
140ml boiling water
280ml cold water
1. Put the flours into a big bowl, sprinkle in the yeast and a pinch of salt and stir together. Mix together the boiling and cold water, (put your finger in to make sure its warm not too hot).
2. Mix it all together, sprinkle flour onto your work surface then take out the dough from the bowl.
3. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is more stretchy and smooth. Put the dough into a clean bowl, cover and leave for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
4. Knead the dough again for a few minutes. Divide into the size prepared tins (lined with baking paper) of your choice or shape into bread into rolls, put onto the trays with a little bit of oil and flour sprinkled on and leave to rise until double in size. Turn the oven to 190C/ 170C fan.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes for rolls, about 20 for mini loaves and 30-40 for bigger loaves, eat straight away warm (with melted butter- the best!).
Share this Post