Wahhoo it’s the December 1ST!
I love energy balls and I wanted to make them for presents for my friends but also make them a bit more festive, so this is why I made these….You can wrap them individually or give a little box to friends (they are so cute!) They are raw so they are healthy (ish) but still chocolaty and taste so good! And they are vegan- if you make sure the dark chocolate has no milk in, which most don’t. Let me know if you make them…!
45g flaked almonds
40g cocoa powder
2 tsp maple syrup
70g dark chocolate
Red, Green and White icing
1. Blend together all of the nuts using a food processor, (I used hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds however you can use any of your favourites). Then put them into a separate bowl.
2. Then blend the dates with a tablespoon of hot water (if they are dry), add the blended nuts, cocoa and maple syrup to the blender and continue blending until everything has mixed together.
3. Roll into little balls and then leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours (or overnight) until they are firm.
4. Melt the chocolate and leave to cool slightly before covering the balls in it.
5. Once the chocolate has set, roll out white icing into little circles and put on the top, using red icing make little balls for little red berries, and cut out leaf shapes from the green icing, (this is easier than it might sound and really good fun, especially if you make them with friends!).
Share this Post