I am massive fan of the classic deep fried doughnuts so when I first heard about baked doughnuts, to be honest I wasn’t sure if they were going to be as good. So I went to my nearest cook shop and bought myself a doughnut tin. I had to try them for myself. Honestly there were amazing and much healthier, so you can feel better about eating lots. 😉
- 100g plain flour
- 75g sugar
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g cup natural yogurt
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, that’s flour, sugar, custard powder, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a jug mix together all the wet ingredients apart from the melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mix and stir until its smooth, there are no lumps – this will only take a coupe of minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into a greased doughnut tin and bake for about 12 minutes depending on the size.
- Whilst the doughnuts are still warm, brush over a little melted butter and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar, then eat straight away! I think they are best eating when they are warm!
Share this Post